Towards the end of the XIX century the TANGO is born…… To keep its values intact, Edmundo Rivero founds in 1969, EL VIEJO ALMACÉN, the place where the SOUL of BUENOS AIRES lies. BALCARCE AND INDEPENDENCIA THE CORNER WHERE THE TANGO WAS BORN…
El VIEJO ALMACÉN, A PLACE WITH MORE THAN TWO CENTURIES OF HISTORY…
* SHOW DINNER *
We invite you to enjoy our show dinner on the most traditional tango corner. An international menu, the most typical dishes and the best Argentine wines introduce you to an unforgettable evening.
Show Dinner: 20:00 hs
Only Show: 22:00 hs
* THE SHOW *
The most applauded tango show worldwide relives the old times of the tango and takes us back to the times of “malevos” and “arrabales” in the soil where the tango set its first roots… Buenos Aires.
The stage is lighted but the echo of an older century remains untouched.
The chords of a typical orchestra revolve around the tables.
The dancers turn round in a complicit embrace.
The tango evening in El Viejo Almacén has started.
• Orchestra Sextet .
• 4 dance couples.
• 2 female singers and 2 male singers.
Length 1h 40min.
BUILDING INFRASTRUCTURE RECENTLY OPENED, WITH A PRIVILEGED LOCATION ON THE MOST TRADITIONAL CORNER OF SAN TELMO.
We offer a varied menu of international standard and our most typical dishes, served with the best Argentine wines.
An ideal place where to relive the good times, the spirit of the city, the scents of our streets, and the heart of our “Buenos Aires Querido”.
* STANDARD MENU *
• Meat empanadas (Typically Argentinian).
• Soup of the day.
• Vegetable broth.
• El Viejo Almacén salad (cheese – ham – string beans – carrots – red pear- shaped tomatoes – celery – mushrooms).
• Paté wrapped in prosciutto, green leaves, salt butter, toasted brioches.
• Beefsteak with French fries and station mini salad.
• Boned casserole chicken in Chablis wine, mushrooms, lemon juice sprinkled with
coriander served with mashed potatoes and rolls of Parmeggian cheese.
• Grilled fresh fish, Herb Sauce and Port Wine, served with steamed vegetables sautéed in olive oil.
• Sorrentini stuffed with mozzarella and ham.
• El Viejo Almacén home-made Tagliatelle.
Sauces: Fileto (Tomato Sauce), Bolognese (Tomato sauce with minced meat), Mushroom sauce, Four – cheese sauce.
* VEGETARIAN MENU *
• Vegetable Pave, green vegetables with curcuma oil and parsley.
• Risotto with vegetables.
• El Viejo Almacén cake.
• Flan topped with caramel glaze with cream or dulce de leche (milk jam).
• Fruit salad.
• Ice-cream goblet.
• Chocolate mousse sprinkled with coconut.
– Red or White wine (Norton Winery).
– Mineral water, Sodas and Fruit Juices.
* VIP DINNER MENU *
• Gourmet Platter “Viejo Almacén”: prosciuto rolls, slices turkey, melon balls, tartlets filled with palm heart with marie-rose sauce.
• Salmon Creppes with a shrimp sauce.
• Crab bisque finished with cream, saffron and herbs.
• “Ochava” Salad: Camenbert cheese scented with thyme, echalotte rings, selection of mixed leaves served with vinagrete dressing.
• Filet Steak with a fresh sauce, garnished with glaced carrots, courgette, broccoli, Sauted new potato with olive oil.
• Chicken breast served with a timbale of butternut squash with steamed seasonal vegetables finished with an almond and champagne sauce.
• Seared Pink Salmon filet with a fresh shellfish sauce garnished with mussels, finished with cream accompanied by stir fried vegetables tossed in a thyme and olive oil.
• Raviolone filled with Parmesan and rocket tossed in olive oil with aromatic fresh herbs.
• “La Pizpireta”
frozen Ice cream cake, served over coulis of dulce de leche, and with warm chocolate sauce, sliced almonds and chocolate shaving.
apple tart served with a caramel sauce,
chocolate mousse and finishes off, sliced almonds.
A tower of lemon mousse, dulce de leche, chocolate, red fruit, custard sauce finished off with a shrinking of almonds.
Rich creamy vanilla ice cream served over
strawberry coulis with fruit of the forest, finished off with a classic brownie wedge.
– Wine white and Red (Terrazas Malbec or Chardonnay).
– Mineral Water, Fruit of juice, sodas.
-Champagne Chandon Extra Brut for cheers.
• Coffee and Tea.
[box style=”2-1″ bg=”black” icon=”/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/SpecialOffer.png” title=’Special offerDiscount prices*‘]
Show standar: u$s 75 NOW u$d 65
Show VIP: u$s 100 NOW u$d 90
Dinner & Show standar: u$s 120 NOW u$d 110
Dinner & Show VIP: u$s 155 NOW u$d 145
*All prices per person.
You can buy in advance for your Voucher here. The electronic purchasing process will enable a form where you can enter all your information to send you the electronic voucher to the requested date (do not forget to add your e-mail). Buying is very easy, just follow the step indicated. Once finished the purchasing we will contact you to let you get your voucher. Print it out and enjoy the show.
Also you can RESERVE. Just open our reservation form click here . We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your reservation.